It’s no secret that I’d rather eat something raw than cook it! But at the same time not everyone shares my passion. Therefore, I do my best to avoid any unwanted ingredients in my food (additives, preservatives, coloring agents, aspartame, msg, etc. & as a general rule things I cannot pronounce).
Below I share with you various links to recipes that I have actually made and enjoyed. Now it’s your turn to enjoy!
Apricot Coconut Balls – variety is the key isn’t it? well i’ve made the brownie bites a lot lately as C man loves them and they are a healthy kinda treat when your craving that shot of chocolate. There was a time when I was all about stuffed apricots and ended up with a plethora of them! Therefore this was my answer, waste not right? I made a couple of modifications such as using coconut/almond milk and no powdered sugar (since dried apricots are sweet enough). Enjoy!
Zucchini Tater Tots – so my mom was gifted 2 gianormous zucchini’s and therefore gifted one of them to me! i’ve eaten a lot of it raw and in stirfrys and my mommy has made a million muffins and cakes. Here’s something a little different! Carter and I liked them, however next time i would use a little less cornmeal
Roasted Cabbage Slices – so easy and so yum! they tasted very similar to the kale chips, which not a bad thing at all!
- Roasted Fennel & Potatoe – blended, used veg stock & almond milk (rather than cream)
- Spicy Tomato – blended, no spices or sweetener
- Potatoe Leek – Even DS loved this one! (no spices/used almond milk)
- Cream of Broccoli – last time i made it was with no spices and used almond milk, oh and of course ‘blended’ it.
- Gypsy Soup – modifications: no spices and i blended it
- Split Pea & Barley – the only modification was no potatoes or spices and i ‘blended’ it all.
- Eggplant – no seriously!!! I added a yellow squash too for funzies and yummy yum yum!
- Sweet Potatoe (or Yam) Soup – I love this with a dollop of plain yogurt, crushed crackers and all the pepper you can handle and a sprinkle of cilantro, nice winter treat!
- Pumpkin Soup – fantastic way to use your Jack O’Lantern guts!
- Blackberry Vinaigrette – its that time of year where we just HAVE to get out blackberry picking! they are so plump and juicy but perhaps we are not wanting to freeze all of them. This is a great way to increase their lifespan! Throw it on some salad with goat cheese and nuts and…. you’ll be hooked
- Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad – love broccoli? love honey mustard? Vavoom here ya go
- Raw Potatoe Salad – i was at serious risk of becoming known as a cook with my latest post – hopefully this one makes up for it! I’ve never been a fan of potatoes and raw ones nonetheless, but they are actually quite good when chopped up very small.
- Bok Choy-Apple Slaw – I used plain yogurt instead of sour cream, and maple syrup instead of sugar.
- Oriental Rice Salad – Yup BIG hit at potlucks.
- Raw Brownie Bits - can i just say WOW! best part is you do not have to bake or cook – they merely take moments (provided you have a good blender/processor). thumbs up for sure! don’t be surprised to see these baby’s on an Iron Butt’s field-trip very soon!!!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Muffins - so Carter and I have been off bread for over 2 months, which means snacks are a challenge… and although these may not sound yummy, THEY SO ARE!
- Kale Chips – So easy and so yum!!!!
- Energy Balls – of course we modified it!!! we rolled ours in dried coconut and put them in the freezer rather than the fridge b/c it made them more solid
- Banana Bread Muffins – really need i say more? we changed this one up by using Gluten Free flour, added shredded coconut and a dollop of natural peanut butter on top! oh yeah!
- Raw Spinach & Avocado Dip – need i say more? this was sooooo good
- Carrot Fries - I can’t believe that I have never even thought of this! very yum, especially with a chipolte sriracha mayo
- Zucchini Fritters - non fried variation of fritters that remind me a little of mini omelettes
- Quinoa with Olives, Basil & Sundried Tomatoes - quinoa = healthy… enough said
- Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts - big fan!!! i love these mini cabbages, especially like this, my only change was that i used avocado oil and Himalayan salt.
- Spinach-Rice Casserole - my modifications include no herbs or spices so my little buddy would eat it i used dijon mustard b/c that is all that i had and no cheese or milk but did use eggs. It was yum!!!
- Corn Bread – modified this one by using soy flour, agave nectar (instead of honey/sugar) and made them into muffins instead of a loaf.
- Almond Milk- this recipe was so good in fact it inspired me to make this page to share some of these hidden gems.
- Homemade Wholewheat Bread- nothing beats the smell of fresh made bread.
- Groovy Granola – a staple in our house instead of commercial cereals.
We are excited to announce our new Yoga with Bands class!
This class offers basic yoga asanas with the option of added muscle strengthening through the use of resistance bands. Resistance bands are a popular item used in a variety of exercise modalities as a way to strengthen the muscles in a safe but efficient way while reducing the risk of injury.
In our Yoga with Bands class we will pay special attention to postural alignment while focusing on muscle mobility and strength. During the hour we will do a gentle warmup and explore our postures intimately with the option to add the resistance or do without – it’s your class and your choice. We then will follow with a cool down and meditation.
Starting September 3rd on Wednesdays @ Moondance at 5:00pm to 6:00pm, come on out!
*we do have extra bands but we encourage you to bring your own bands if you have them
For more information email email@example.com